These are four photos from the Salt Lake Tribune's photo gallery for the Nov. 5 Jazz v. Spurs game. And you can see me in the background. Yes, we were on the front row!We were there with my date's (Mike) work, so there were a bunch of people with us. But we probably had the best seats. About six of us were on the front row, a few were right behind us, and several were on the side about row six. Row six tickets were about $400, while the second row was about $700. When we first sat down, I was like...are you serious. We are ON THE COURT. If those fancy guys in red jackets weren't there, we could totally walk up to the players in like 2 seconds.
We were on the Spurs' side, so if I looked slightly to the right, I saw this:
At halftime, we were escorted (really followed the crowd) to our special room, where we were greated with MORE FOOD! I was like are you serious?!! Drinks, sandwiches, egg roll type of things, nuts, popcorn, goldfish, nachos, candy, etc. etc. One of the workers was like, "If there's anything else you'd want, let us know. Do you want ice cream? We can get ice cream." We were like, uh, we are ok for now. As we walked out, the attendants handing us printouts of the game stats so far. Yea, we were pretty important.
Another funny thing is that on the night of this game, my date's roommate (they are in my ward) was having a birthday party at their house. So most of our ward was there, also watching the game. Apparently lots of people saw us on T.V. because Mike kept getting tons of text messages. I was like, "Hmm. Who do I know who watches the Jazz games?" My options seemed limited. However, today one of my friends in the ward was like, "Hey so the entire ward saw you on your date." "Really?" "Yea we were at Tom's party and watching the game and suddenly everyone's like 'Look, it's Mike and Karianne!!'"
So, although no one texted me at the game to tell me they saw my ever important self on T.V., they did see me. And I am content. :)

1 comment:
Karie I was snooping at your blog. Love this post and and how fun! Miss ya!
Post a Comment