Life is crazy busy. But great. There are so many tiny things that happen everyday that make me love life. They are such little things but make me grin and laugh at the tiniest things that can make me happy. So I thought I'd share just a few of those things to show a little of my appreciation. :)
1. Freeway Entrance
There are only a couple days a week that I go straight home from work, which is when I take the freeway home. The other days I'll go straight to the gym or errands. But when I take the freeway home, I love love the entrance I take. It seems so lame I know! But the good 'ol 1600 N Orem entrance is a simple part of my day that I love. It has a special lane that you don't have to stop at the light for and can just round the curve and go. ... yeeaaa.
2. Elderly lady at Zumba
I loove this elderly lady that comes to the same Zumba classes that I go to. Now this is a pretty high impact, active class. So I love that there's this little lady that kinda comes just to keep moving, regardless of the routine. So cute. This significantly increased last Friday when I was next to her in class and said, "If I get in your way, just kick me!" No! She's so cute! :)
3. Subway Kid's Meals
Instead of getting a six inch sandwich, I now get the Subway Kid's Meal, where the sandwich is pretty much the same size, plus I get a drink and a side. For the SAME price. Yea...oh, you get a toy too.
4. Unexpected Visits
I've had several friends randomly stop by recently, and I love it. I'm not really in the areas where people are coming in and out (which I'm grateful for), but I love it when people have just stopped by to see me for a minute when they are in the area. It's great.
5. Having the apartment to myself after a long day.
I love getting home and just being able to settle in by myself as I unwind for the day. I
6. A clean fridge
Last week, we cleaned out our fridge and it is amazing! I love it. I get happy every time I open it. I can see all my food!
7. Getting free or really cheap stuff
Like last week when I got a free $10 gift card to the mall. Yea, it was great.
8. Random Christmas reminders
I'm so excited for the holiday season, and while I have yet to prepare personally, I love when I walk in a store and otherwise hear some Christmas music or see decorations. Yea, I'm not the type that insists on waiting after Thanksgiving. For me, it's all part of the season.
9. New friends who I click with and tell me nice things about myself
Haha, yeaaa who doesn't like hearing nice things about themselves. I've made some great new friends recently, something I haven't really done for a couple years. It was suddenly easy again and I'm so thankful for these new people in my life.
10. Old friends
Along with new friends, I love the opportunity to become better friends with old friends again. It seems like so much changes, and I have a hard time when the distance increases. I may not be the greatest friend, but I am grateful when the opportunity to rekindle friendships comes along.
11. Hearing from Susie on her mission
She always has the perfect thing to say to me, and I'm so grateful we can e-mail. Oh it's great.
I feel like there are so many more little things as well. Each time I realize another tiny thing I love, it makes me appreciate everything in life so much more.
November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment