Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

October 5, 2012

Random Thoughts Part 475

Sometimes (OK quite often) I have a lot of random thoughts that aren't connected at all and aren't enough for individual blog posts. But sometimes I still like to share. Tonight is one of those times.
  • This morning I donned a sweater. This made me very, very happy. What made me even more happy was that the sweater was paired with black leggings, a sports bra, tank top, and sandals. Yea, that's how I show up to work Thursday mornings. Granted, I attend a Zumba Toning class at 9:30 and show up again around 11 a.m. with proper work attire. But still. 
  • I am very, very excited for General Conference this weekend. Seriously it makes me super excited. But you all probably know that by now. (Please see posts about April 2012, October 2011, or the Look Behind General Conference Part 1 & Part 2.)
  • A few months ago I made some goals for the next year regarding my career, finances, and personal aspects of life. Today an opportunity that is ENTIRELY terrifying to me was presented, and I'm entertaining the idea of pursuing it. I'm not sure if it's right for me. Or maybe I'm just scared of the unknown. Maybe I'm scared of failure. I'm going to think about this one.
  • Tomorrow we are closing my office at noon and then heading to Texas Roadhouse and having staff training for the remainder of the day. That's my kind of way to end a LONG week.
  • Yea, I had dinner with Governor Herbert this week. No biggie. And we may have exchanged a few groovy dance moves after the event. 
  • I completed another craft project last weekend. And by completed, I mean that I finished it but that I have yet to properly display it. Consider this poorly lit picture a preview. (P.S. I love rain.)
  • I am very, very grateful to my Heavenly Father and the peace and hope He provides to me on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. I am thankful that I can continually strive to be a better person, leave my mistakes and shortcomings behind me, and move forward on my journey to become more like Him. I am blessed in countless ways.
  • I love being neat and organized and getting things done. Why do I have such a problem with this some times, and then it's a complete breeze the next?
  • You know you are busy when you start talking about calling someone one week and then actually schedule a phone call time two weeks out. Because that is the first time you have free. And you still have a list of other people you still haven't called back. (Sorry folks! I'm so bad at that.)
  • I am not good at stepping into the unknown. You know the whole fiasco going on with Apple Maps? It got me thinking...because as much as I love the spoken directions that my Android phone gives me...I still NEED to see the overall directions list most times. I'm not the know-only-one-step-ahead kind of gal. I need to see where exactly I'm going, how many steps there are, and approximately what turns and roads I'll be using. THEN I'm fine to sit back and follow whatever spoken directions I'm given. Same as in life. I need an overall picture of what I'm doing before I can comfortably follow steps to get there. Yes, that picture changes, but I at least need an idea. 
Love to you all. If you read this then, yes, I love you. (probably)

1 comment:

Susie said...

haha crazy! this is when you had a full-time job! I can't believe how far you've come since then and getting to your goals. Good job Kar! I'm really proud of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...