Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

May 3, 2007

My first show

So the last couple days have been jam packed and I'm really hoping I'll be able to remember everything. We started out with a walk of London. Professor Backer was my guide and we kinda got lost a lot. But we walked around the financial district, saw a market or two, and walked over to Tate modern before we ended up at what I believe was St. Mary's Cathedral. There was a really pretty courtyard where we stopped, ate lunch, and rested our feet. Then a group of us heading to the theater district to see Mary Poppins--my first play in London. When we first got there we found it was £25 and a couple of us weren't sure if we were still going to see it. But then we discovered our seats would be on the fourth row and we all decided to get a ticket. Wow, it was really amazing. I loved the show (which I hadn't been too familiar with before) and it such an experience to be so close and see every detail of the performers faces. I think that my favorite scene was with the chimney sweeps when they did an amazing tap dance number. Let me tell ya it was quite good. Mary Poppins looked exactly how I would have imagined her...almost disturbingly so. Anyways it was really good and I can't wait for my next show. I really do want to see Wicked but don't know if I should do it now or to wait. Either way it's coming and I'm really excited.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...