Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 10, 2009

advice from a...horoscope?

Seriously, I’m the most indecisive person ever….ack! And that always intensifies when those big, life-changing decision present themselves. Or when I pull them out as options to make myself make new decisions when in all reality I could stay exactly where I am. But what fun is that?

Currently I’ve been trying to decide what to do job wise. I’m sure most of you have heard my contemplations before: should I stay or should I go? I go back and forth on my job all the time, but I think really deep down I’m just unsure if this is the right job for me for much longer than the year I plan to stay (although that year ends in June, so time really is running out quite faster than I thought).

I recently personalized my iGoogle home page with all kinds of gadgets that keep me from wasting valuable time browsing to various sites to check random information. While I would not venture elsewhere for this, a recent addition to my site is “Today’s Horoscope” from Tarot.com. It’s just one of those for fun things that came up as an option and I thought, “Why not?”

Today’s horoscope was actually interesting and seemingly very specific to my situation:Hmmm. So maybe that clears things up at least for right now?? Still, I think I can be fine staying here for the time being but also want to continue browsing my other options and such. I think one of the hardest parts of leaving a job is the process of telling the employer and co-workers you are leaving…but maybe that’s just me. But hey, I’ve first got to find some other employers who want me, don’t I?

P.S. I forgot to post this yesterday but TODAY is the FedEx Free Resume Printing Day. That’s right, in their effort to help the country’s job economy, FedEx is offering to print up to 25 copies of each customer’s resume for free! So go get some free resumes printed…anything helps.

Speaking of all things related to resumes and careers, I have to give another shout out to the blog Careerealism. The last time I mentioned it in a post, I actually got a comment from the founder J.T. O’Donnell herself. How awesome. Anyways, I am in love with this site and would recommend it to any, but especially students or those to soon venture into the job force. Really, there are some many topics discussed that I had questions about myself (or still do) and things you always wonder about as you send out resumes, cover letters and prepare for all kinds of interviews. The newest feature is the Twitter Advice Project (a.k.a. T.A.P. into Careerealism). Anyone can ask a career-related question and receive free, personalized help from career experts via Twitter. I’ve just recently joined Twitter and haven’t quite used it much, but am slowly getting into it. Anyways check it out…I’m sure you’ll find something interesting that can help you and your career.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...