It's late, but it seems I'm resorting to some old habits and am here blogging when I should be getting a good night's rest before work tomorrow.
I know many of you read my Psychology of Wealth post...so thanks for all your support and feedback. Before I forget, I still need a few more subscribers to make that goal. (By THURSDAY) I'm not ready to not meet it so if you can still help me out, that'd be amazing. I had several people ask me about how to actually subscribe to different blogs so I did write a post about using Google Reader. Check it out...and let me know if it's helpful, or if it's not!
Relating to the Psychology of Wealth post, I had my second meeting with the mentors last week, this time in the group setting. Again it was really awesome and got me motivated to go forth and accomplish all my dreams and goals. And its really great to have that motivation. This meeting was kinda similar to the first time I met these guys at the BYU Financial Planning Seminar. So I didn't take a lot of notes...but here are a few things I did jot down.
I choose everything that happens to me. There are four quadrants of life: mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical...and they follow this pattern: M + E + S = Physical. So everything that we have going on in the mental, emotional, and spiritual quadrants ultimately determine what we have going on in the physical quadrant.
Tying this to money: A lack of money is never a problem. It is only a result. So, a lack of money is the physical result of whatever is going on in the mental, emotional, spiritual quadrants. We make things happen and we make choices one way or another. Whatever our situation is, financial and otherwise, is a result of choices we make in one or more aspects of our lives.
A similar ideas is that of controlling your thoughts and feelings, because these lead to action, which leads to results. One of the mentors has a saying he tells himself every morning to create motivation and help himself maintain control of his thoughts and feelings, and then control where his life goes.
Anyways, that's it. Not exactly too profound, but hearing repeat information is usually what motivates us anyways. And as I mentioned, I definitely have felt pretty motivated lately...but I do still have to work on getting the results I want. (Including this month's subscription numbers :P) In addition, I'm seriously looking into everything to get my own magazine started, somewhat exploring new right-now job options and different opportunities, working on building my personal brand as a career boost, and simply becoming (even slowly) the person I want to be. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but as I think about the prospects for the future, I know that while I may not be perfect, or rather, in the perfect place with the perfect job, etc., I know that the opportunities are out there and that sooner or later (but hopefully sooner) things really can work out perfectly.
Thanks again for reading and for all of your help!!!
May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're so smart Karie! I like learning from you.
Post a Comment