Monday night at FHE (Yes, I finally went back), we played a "game" where everyone writes down a goal for 2011 and then everyone tries to guess who the goal belongs to.
This is not my type of game.
First of all, you have to write stuff down to be read by everyone. Like Balderdash or that dumb game where you write a sentence, draw a picture, write a sentence, etc. All games I despise.
Plus, I haven't really finalized my goals yet so I don't want to share something with everyone. I'm just weird like that, haha.
Anyways, the point is that I didn't write anything down and ALMOST got away with it...right when we ended this one kid said, "What about Karianne?" Nooooooo.
Even before this "game," I've been thinking a lot about, not necessarily new year resolutions, but overall ways I want to improve, things I know I want to accomplish at some point, and where I want to be with my life.
These things are in my thoughts all the time. I want to finalize exactly what I want this year to hold for me. I want to break it down and plan exactly what I'm going to do and when.
With this all on my mind, I think I've identified an overall theme I want to focus on this year.
That theme is: ORGANIZATION
For me this isn't just about organizing my drawers and cleaning out me closet. (Which I DID have a lot of fun doing in December.) You see, today I was thinking about just one thing on my to-do list: sync my new music to my iPod.
My thought process goes a little something like this:
"I need to get all my music in one place" (I have a work computer, a desktop and a laptop.)
Which leads me to: "I need to clean out the music I don't want anymore."
Which leads me to: "I need to organize ALL of my files."
Which leads me to: "I need to purchase that external hard drive I've been looking for."
Which leads me to: "I need to take a look at re-organizing/automate my finances."
All because my iPod was missing a few songs I purchased recently.
So my organization focus kinda looks at everything in my life, from my physical surroundings, to my belongings, to my digital files, to my plans, to when I do things (e.g. a set laundry/cleaning schedule), and how I function every day.
January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First, yes! I hate Balderdash and associated games too. I hate having to think of something to write but want it to be funny enough yet not lame. Who likes that...
Also on the game note, I realized that we, as Salisbury's, have a certain type of games we like. Like Taboo, or Pictionary - simple carefree games. But not things that involve mostly strategy. I realized this when with Jeremy and his fam and they suggest Risk. Now I feel like I've semi-converted since I now like Settlers.
Anyway, I have the need to organize too, but mostly still the cleaning out closets etc. But then I realize there's so much more to do too. So will I start..? We'll see.
Post a Comment