I was just having a quick good-night chat with my roommate and was telling her how our ward prayer had gone since she missed it. I informed her of the announcements and happenings, including that I got a calling and a date with someone in the ward. (Those two things are unrelated.) Her response: Well, that's not bad for one evening. It is kinda funny that it's only Sunday and I already have two dates lined up this week. Not bad, Karianne.
But those things don't compare to the wonderful day I had. I just wanted to express some quick gratitude for it and express my thankfulness for the opportunity to truly utilize the role of the Sabbath in my life. I had a good weekend overall, but in comparison to earlier in the week, I was feeling much more motivated to move forward and capable of accomplishing things I wanted to accomplish. So going into today, I didn't really have to focus on "keeping the Sabbath day holy" or anything like that. I was simply able to do the things I had the greatest desire to do. I attended my ward here in Orem and enjoyed some great talks and lessons. Afterwards I made myself lunch (a spinach, chicken, strawberry, and grape salad with poppyseed dressing...it's been my go-to lunch lately) and read my scriptures and did a couple small things, took a nap (a Sunday luxury that I haven't had for a while), made dinner and then headed to the temple grounds where I read and wrote in my journal (that doesn't happen in that form often and I got 10-12 pages...I impressed myself) for a few hours as the amazing storm slowly descended on us. I went straight to ward prayer and came home feeling refreshed and on my way to being a better person. Today I didn't let anything distract me from studying the gospel and striving to build a better relationship with my Heavenly Father. I'm working toward becoming more like Him and overcoming my weaknesses and insecurities. And I have faith and hope that I will be able to do so.
Earlier this week I was struggling with an assortment of things. Tuesday and Wednesday were both hard for me (which then led into Thursday and Friday...), and despite the meager efforts I could present, I was feeling like I wasn't accomplishing what I wanted, that I couldn't accomplish those things. I felt very unmotivated and weak. I actually started writing a journal entry (via my G-mail draft method) about strength and how I wasn't feeling able to move forward with things and create success for myself. My efforts always seemed to fall a little short and I was coming up on what I thought would be my last push of motivation. Somehow however, the hand of Heavenly Father pulls a few strings and we receive those tender mercies that make all the difference in our lives.
I'm truly thankful for the love, attention, and mercy I've felt these past couple days.
August 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's beautiful Karie. Glad you had a great day. You'll have to tell me about these two dates as well
Post a Comment