Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

December 5, 2011

Memorizing scriptures

When I was in Ogden for Thanksgiving, I got to attend my sister Christianne's Relief Society lesson, which just so happened to be on Elder Scott's talk "The Power of Scripture" from this past General Conference.

First of all, this was obviously a talk that I enjoyed because it had already inspired one of my word art pieces for my hallway:


Anyways, Christianne did a fantastic job on her lesson and got all the ladies in her class to participate, give insight, share their favorite scriptures, and overall discuss the importance of memorizing, pondering, and studying the scriptures. 

This lesson motivated me to try to be a little better at memorizing scriptures...as well as refreshing the many I had memorized once upon a time. (I have had this intention for a few years but haven't put much effort into it.)

So this week I choose a scripture to memorize. 
Ether 12:4
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.
 It is currently written out on my hall mirror and I'm reading it every time I go past. Eventually I might erase words. I'm doing pretty well with the first half, but the second half is full of relative clauses that don't quite flow so I always mess up that part in my head.

Do you have favorite scriptures that you have memorized? What are they (so I can add them to my list)? What methods do you use for memorizing?

2 comments:

Christianne said...

Wow thanks Karie. That is a great scripture to memorize. Maybe I will do the same one. then we can quiz each other. lol

Karianne Salisbury said...

Yes! Memorize it with me! That would be perfect! I think it's a beautiful scripture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...