Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 17, 2012

Baseball Nerd


When conversations among my coworkers Friday afternoon turned to our plans for the weekend, I told them that I was going to my first baseball game of the season and was excited to follow the game on my scorecard.

One girl looks at me and says, "Karianne, you are such a nerd. Most people are excited about going to baseball games for the atmosphere, the guys in tight pants (:P), a love for the game, the food, or the people, but you...you are excited about keeping score."

And it's true. I do love all those other things about baseball, but since I learned how to do the official scorekeeping, my love of baseball games has increased even more. And yes, I think it's super fun! My problem these past couple years has been finding people who know how to do scorekeeping to come to the games with me and help me do it.

The guy I went with was definitely prepared to answer my questions and help me relearn how to keep score. We went to the Bees game in Salt Lake and had a nice seat in the grassy area between center and right field. I did pretty well considering my absence from the hobby for several years. But no worries, there are plenty of plans to go to many more this summer.

Here are just some examples of what a baseball scorecard looks like.




1 comment:

Susie said...

you are a nerd. But a cute one. I'm not going to the Orioles game I have free tickets to, is that bad?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...