Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 7, 2008

I am in love with the McDonald's Girl

Haha, so this made me laugh tons. In high school we were all really big on Inside Out. Yep, we pretty much listened to them all the time. Especially in Paul's car on the way home from school. We even saw them perform at the D.C. Temple Visitors Center. If you haven't heard of their song, McDonald's Girl, maybe you should listen to it before you read the text. This is just a crummy video from YouTube, btw, but you get the point. My dear friend was kind enough to send me these lyrics that were put together to go along with that song. A little history: I worked at Build-a-Bear Workshop, we were friends from the same stake, went to the same high school and were in the same math class (F/AG if you will), and I did go to Prom with him.


KARIE SALISBURY
(to tune of McDonald's Girl by Inside Out)

CHORUS:
I am in love with Karie Salisbury
She has a smile of innocence
So tender and warm
I am in love with Karie Salisbury
She is an angel in a bear factory uniform

I leave from science just not feeling right
The hall is not long but people try to get in the way
I turn the corner as I dodge a fight
I do my homework and I rehearse what I'm gonna say
This might be a big surprise, don't point and laugh and don't tease
I love the light in your eyes, just go to prom with me please

She doesn't try to impress anyone
She doesn't try to be tough like all the girls that I know
She don't treat me like I'm just a Mormon
I wanna say how I feel if I could just let go
Can't put my feelings on hold, I hope she doesn't say no
She's just seventeen years old, and I'm in love with her so

She's there using her own calculator
Doing work as it sucks her energy like a leach
If Jones knew how much I wanted her
He'd leave and we'd have a break for the rest of the school week
And as she heads for the door, I look straight into her eyes
My heart begins to soar, she smiles and waves goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...