Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

September 18, 2008

editing music

So in preparation for the launch of this year's Summer Songs cds, I have been sorting through all of the music that has been nominated this year. And let me tell you, its been hard making these decisions!!!!

Anyways, there are a couple songs that kinda caught me off guard with a random expletive thrown in there. So I decided to use my Garageband skills to see if I could just edit it out. And here's my first finished song....

Oh, and its funny because when I export the file out of Garageband and into an mp3, it saves it with my names as the artist. So please, enjoy Ashes, Ashes by yours truly....um, yea it's really by The Dreamer and the Sleeper.

The cut is at precisely 3:54 in the song. I want to know if you can tell...thaaat much. :) Yea...I'm realizing this is a kinda long song....I'm gonna have to think about its Summer Song placement.

----

OKAY OKAY JK! So that was way too long to upload and convert it into video format so I can post it here. But I've instead uploaded a short clip of the section that I edited. So you'll have to listen fast to catch it...if that's possible

I'm providing you lyrics so you can see where the cut was made:

The way she makes me feel inside
She breaks me down into a nothing
Then I come back as her something
She's the only one who knows,
But she never *** tells me though
What I am, or what we are

***represents the cut

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...