Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

September 26, 2008

Enrichment Ideas

OK I am at work so this is gonna be short. But I’m going to be serving as the Enrichment leader in my new ward (I haven’t officially been sustained though) and I’ve met with the presidency and we want to get this going as soon as we can. The new system for Enrichment has always seemed to be a little difficult in student/younger wards so we want to jump past that hurdle and make it really successful. Anyways, I’ve never done this calling before or really been involved in Enrichment groups at all before so any ideas, advice, or input you have would be awesome!!

So far we have started the list going around for people to fill in what they’d like to do for Enrichment groups. We are also going to start building our committee and hopefully have each of us try to head up a different group. I’m not sure for sure what groups we will want to have (I also want this to depend on what the committee members want to lead and any special needs we have in our ward) but some basic ideas include cooking, reading groups, crafty stuff, etc.

Again, any good ideas for the organization and operation ☺ of groups, even specifically would be great. (For example, maybe certain book lists that groups go through or a great way to rotate leadership/involvement)

Well, it’s Friday…so I’m back to work…for now

1 comment:

Aaron and Hannah Kam Family said...

I know you said crafty ideas, but those are usually winners, especially in our family ward. Young single adult women, lets face it, they see the future and in it there's a family. So, we always done like like plaques or blocks that say family. I dunno there's other ideas, but I don't want to babble too much. Crafts a big hit here in AZ and up in ID so I'm sure in UT they will be as well. OOOOH, I know this sounds weird, but like 2 weeks ago our enrichment activity as a lesson on depression, which like I said weird, but there are so many sisters that are probably going through at any age and it's just a good thing to remind them that they are beloved daughters of God. Ok, sorry, rambling..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...