My personal trainer thingy ended officially this past Tuesday when we did our last arm workout together. So yesterday when I went to the gym for my normal cardio class, I stayed around to do my leg workout on my own. But I needed a little break between the two so I walked over to the newly-opened Kohl’s store next door and browsed for about 20 min while I gave my body a little rest. And, while I was browsing in the shoe section, I heard Donavon Frankenreiter’s song, “Life, Love, and Laughter” on the store radio/music. I have no idea how I found this artist or his music…actually, I think it was on the site that posts samples of new albums coming out. I wasn't thaaat impressed, but I was really surprised to hear it played somewhere. This song was briefly considered for this year’s Summer Songs but didn’t make the cut. I was however, thinking about making it a theme song for my very own blog. See the connection: Live, Laugh, Love/Life, Love, and Laughter…it’s like it was totally meant to be! ;)
On another note, I’m excited about the band Thriving Ivory. You know how when you first hear about or see something and all of the sudden you find it EVERYWHERE around you? That’s kinda how this was with me. What’s interesting is I stumbled onto this band’s stuff and then, about a week later, I heard the radio station I listen to start mentioning this upcoming band, Thriving Ivory. I was like, “Hey, I just found them like last week!” Anyways, the DJs on this show really liked them, have reviewed their new album on the air twice in the past several weeks and on Tuesday even had the lead singer, Clayton Stroope, call in for an interview. And apparently Utah is loooving the band. In fact, after they reviewed the cd, most stores in the area sold out of it. This response is pretty phenomenal. The radio station wanted to set up a concert specifically for their listeners and hopefully wanted it to be free. And when Stroope called in, they announced that Thriving Ivory would be coming to play for their first time in Utah on Oct. 18, and would just be $5. (This was all set up by the station and they had to charge something so they could give something back to the band.) Stroope said they would have loved to do it for free, but hey, that just makes you want to make sure they get something doesn’t it? Anyways, I’m excited. Tickets go on sale this Friday at noon and are available at Graywhale locations...but apparently only in Salt Lake. You can also buy tickets at the door, but they aren’t sure what the response will be ahead of time. It could be small, it could be like 1,000 people! Anyways, I want to go...let me know if you are interested in coming too!!!
Have a listen to their song, Angels on the Moon (Yes, it's on Summer Songs 2008). The guy's voice is a little interesting at first, so you probably either love it or hate it. I think it grows on ya and is pretty unique and cool. In an interview in 2007, they report that this song "was inspired by the tragic events of 9/11, and it was obvious from the incredible response over the track that the compelling message and intelligent lyrics resonated with fans."
October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see someone else likes these guys. FYI, if you bring friends to a show, you get a free t-shirt. I read about it here
Post a Comment