Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

October 19, 2008

Thriving Ivory Concert

Hello everyone! Last night I went to my third concert! Exciting, I know...especially when they've all been in a few months of one another. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I got to go. The band is Thriving Ivory...I blogged about them a little while ago. It was their first time coming to Salt Lake and considering the success they've had here, I'm pretty sure they will be coming back and fairly soon...although I don't know if tickets will be $5 again. It was actually cool because they also filmed the concert to use for official stuff...like music videos, performance DVDs and the such. So maybe...just maybe you can catch a glimpse of me in one someday. But we weren't right in the middle so I'm not sure if that's likely. ;)

This pic is when the main singer dude came over to sing on the stage/balcony right by us. So, while our view was pretty good the whole time (even though I stood like 5 feet away from the rest of my group to avoid the signature tall people that stand right in front of short people like me)..uh were was I? Oh yea, while the view was pretty good the entire night, it was especially good for these couple songs.

Also, since the band was recording stuff for a video they had to play their song Angels on the Moon twice in a row. Which was actually pretty awesome. These guys were great in person and I think it's really cool that I got to see them before they get big.

Another really cool thing about the night (aside from getting to hang out with my good friend Paul, who I don't see much, Marisa and Jeremiah, newly deemed J) was that the concert was completely put together just for the listeners of the radio station, 101.9 the end. As I mentioned in my last post about them, I ran across the band online somehow and started listening to their stuff and shortly after heard the radio DJs start talking about them. Well, the DJs heard so many good things back from the listeners that they arranged this whole concert and brought Thriving Ivory to Salt Lake for the first time specifically for this purpose. It's not like they were driving through or anything.

And guess what? The concert sold out.

And this isn't even a big band yet.

So that was pretty cool to be a part of. Enjoy the pics, (they will hopefully be up soon) and hopefully you'll check the band out! If I can't get the pics up on here feel free to check out more that are available via facebook at this link!

P.S. While looking for an official picture of the band to post, I stumbled upon this blog from about them two years ago. Kinda gives another person's review of them and seems to have more put-together information about where to go to find out more. *Oh I just stumbled onto another blog about the very same concert. This girl waited around to get pictures with the band and also mentioned how this was the biggest concert Thriving Ivory has ever done so it was exciting for them as well.

Oh, but they, meaning Thriving Ivory do have a pretty cool Web site.

1 comment:

Aaron and Hannah Kam Family said...

I resent that remark about tall people!!!!! :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...