It's Halloween Eve and I'm scrambling...I have no costume and am facing some awkward peer pressure to dress up at work tomorrow. I haven't really thought about a costume at all because I didn't even think about dressing up this year. But alas, here it is the night before and I shoould have something but I don't.
So I'm sitting on the floor in front of my closet. Hoping that if I stare long enough, something will pop out at me and I will know what to wear tomorrow. So far nothings happened.
In the meantime, I think of some of my costumes from past years...maybe I can pull a repeat right? Unfortunately anything simple and easy isn't coming. Anything I might have been able to pull off a while ago requires some prominent article of clothing that I no longer have.
I do remember some of my favorite costumes and ideas. Interestingly enough, those costumes were never for me!! Somehow...who knows...I always got pulled into creating the perfect costume for my little sister. So I'd spend weeks on end (ok ok it was probably just a couple days) mastering the perfect costume....only to see it on my sister on the night of nights.
The best one probably has to be the wizard. This is simply because I was able to use it a few times in the next couple years. So my hard work eventually paid of for myself. This costume was made entirely out of purple felt. I made this cool, jaggedy skirt, an awesome cape with a bit of silver lining and glued (or somehow stuck) shiny starts all over it, and I ashioned a tall pointy hat and also covered it with the purple felt and silver stars. We found some great tights for her to wear and Susie was set that year. I made good use of the costume for a Halloween or two plus it was great to use for spirit week at Riverton High School (purple, black and silver baby!!)
The next best was the skunk! I don't think I ever repeated this myself but it was a great costume for Susie. We dressed her all in black. I got some white fuzzy fabric and created a stripe down her back. Then I used a bunch of black material (this also had a white stripe down it) to create a tube-like tail which we stuffed with old newspapers so it was sticking out. It really is unfortunate that I don't still have boxes full of unused fabric at my disposal.
OK...I'm back to staring at my closet.
October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember that skunk costume! that was definitely my favorite! but don't get to exaggerative kar, I think those are the only two years that you made a costume for me - -
Post a Comment