I just posted my first post of the year. It seems like it was my first post in like...3 months. And no, I'm not going to check the actual date.
But this was the first time I saw the date at the top—Jan. 4, 2010. Why is it always weird for the first time? I haven't even written it down yet. More fun will come I'm sure.
Last year (2008) I did a list of my top 10 experiences. I briefly thought about doing it again for 2009 but didn't feel motivated yet. Reading mine from 2008 offered a little bit of encouragement though. I'm not usually a big resolution person either. I like making goals and to-do lists but I've never been too serious about New Year's Resolutions.
Today I got a little kick and started writing down some things I hope to accomplish this year. So maybe these aren't resolutions but these are my goals for 2010, in no particular order.
1. Officially start HS2COLLEGE. Prepare at least one 8-page publication.
2. Learn to more effectively build a Web site.
3. Double my current savings.
4. Travel outside the country.
5. Publish five articles or posts on other sites or publications.
6. Scrapbook 1 hour each week. (I'm SO behind!)
7. Build my personal brand and network for future career opportunities. (I have specific ideas and steps for this.)
8. Post on HS2COLLEGE site every day for a month.
9. Create two video or podcast posts.
10. Automate my finances. (Based on my reading the book "I Will Teach You to Be Rich.")
11. Write in my journal once a week.
12. Make monthly goals, meet monthly challenges.
13. Write Susie a real letter once every other week for the remainder of her mission. Oh, and make her a mission scrapbook.
14. Try to be less shy, awkward in situations. Let myself be vulnerable more often.
15. Take a cycling class. (I still never have!)
16. Read more often.
17. Attend the temple at least once a month. (I tried for once a week for a while last year but missed a few, so this is more safe.)
18. Always remember that I am a strong, confident daughter of Heavenly Father. I can do great things. I can accomplish great dreams. I can be the person I want to be.
OK, I have a few others. And several of these are very vague for now. But that's that. I also love my sister's 2010 motto "No Junk." I want to get rid of lots of random stuff, plus be more controlling of my entertainment and how I spend my time. I'm hoping to address this type of stuff in monthly goals each month.
January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment