Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 15, 2011

Another Season of SYTYCD

If you don't know, SYTYCD is "So You Think You Can Dance."

I'm always really excited for this show every summer (well for the last few years). Once I know when to expect it, I get excited and start watching clips of all of my favorite dances from the past. This may or may not be good because it builds up my expectations with the bests of the bests dances of the past.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what this season brings. Today was the first day the contestants danced in partnerships, and tomorrow will be the first time dancers are voted off. Initially I was a little disappointed with the selection because there weren't many who stood out to me personally.

We didn't get to see impressive solos from Vegas like this from Lauren Froderman, last season's winner.


But I guess I just need to keep watching and see who eventually emerges as my personal favorite.

So here's who has stood out for me today:

Even though Nigel (If you watch, you know who he is) keeps talking about the girl powerhouses this year, not many of them stand out for me so far. I'm thinking my favorites are going to be guys this year. Two dances stood out to me this week.

Ryan Ramirez and Ricky Jaime - Lyrical Hip-Hop (Although I hate Ryan's socks/shoes)


Iveta Lukosiute and Nick Young - Ballroom


That being said the first five dancers to stand out to me are the following:
I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time! As I'm writing this, I'm already questioning my picks :P

Caitlynn Lawson (Jazz)
Miranda Maleski (Contemporary)
Nick Young (Tap)
Marko Germar (Contemporary)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...