Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

November 30, 2007

The Offer

So I finally got the offer... I have officially been asked to work for the Church magazines next semester. I was pretty sure I would get the position but you never can tell and it took them forever to tell me. So instead of being able to move forward with plans, I had to keep holding back until I heard something official.

The Monday before Thanksgiving break, Church human resources called me twice to verify things about my application and said they usually try to tell us about the positions before Thanksgiving...Well, that came and went and nothing came. I called Human Resources again to see if there was anything else I could do, and she mentioned offhand that I was set for the magazine news. But I had no idea what that meant and was like, um, is someone going to tell me about this? I just had to keep waiting and there really wasn't anyone else I could try to talk to. I decided that I'd give it to the end of this week before I REALLY started freaking out.

6:16 p.m. Friday night: I got the call. I don't remember his name but he called to offer me the position and knew that Kathy (if that was her name) in HR had told me that I had a position. I was like, oh yea a little (but I still have no idea what was going on). So he told me that they wanted me to work in the magazine news department where I would write news stories related to the church anywhere in the world. (These are usually in the last few pages of the Ensign and Liahona). That's all the info I got because he wasn't actually at work but wanted to tell us if we got the positions before the weekend. He's gonna call back Monday with more information...

So I got off the phone and didn't really know what I thought. I kinda got teary but I don't really know why. I'm not sure if it's because I FINALLY know for sure that I have a job next semester...or if I'm not sure if I want that position. I'm just not sure...I guess we will see how everything turns out.

As I'm writing this, it's all of the sudden hitting me that I AM moving in December....in a few weeks. I'm gonna be done with school...done with this chapter in my life. (Yes, that was cheesy I know)....it's just starting to hit me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...