Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 7, 2008

It's one o'clock

Have you ever encountered something where you don't know what it is or why it is happening? I know that is rather vague, but I'm sure I've had it happen several several times. My most recent experience?

A couple weeks ago my computer at work was doing something strange so they took it away and brought me a new one...it looked the exact same but was, or at least they told me, a new computer. And yes, it is a Mac. Anyways, this is about when it started happening...

I listen to music online while I work and occasionally watch video clips and such. So there is a bit of sound coming from random places. Every so often I would hear this random, almost creepy-sounding, sound will come up for a second. It was probably at least 3 days before I realized that it was actually saying something...what? The time. On the hour every hour. It was really random but once I figured out what it was, I didn't want to get rid of it. I had become used to, perhaps even comforted by, the strange sound that was sure to come around. Kinda strange. It went from being so strange, puzzling, and slightly annoying, to being something that I've ended up keeping around.

Isn't it also interesting about how tons and tons of people never actually change their clocks in their cars during Daylight Savings Time. I was noticing this this morning as I thought...hmmm, I should probably actually THINK about doing that. But then I started rationalizing that it's already February and come April (or so?) I'd simply have to change it back. I don't doubt that I can change it, or that it will probably be pretty simple, but I've simply gotten used to the fact that my clock is an hour late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very pleased with your updates. Keep up the good work. We're all looking forward to reading your thoughts and ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...