OK, I'm just getting started, I know, but this has been one of my favorite years of summer songness yet. Nothing against any of the other years but I have had so much fun finding new and undiscovered artists on my own...and then really really liking them. It's just really fun finding things you like because YOU LIKE THEM....not because you know them based on how frequently you hear them on the radio as they simply becomes something you like by familiarity.
For those of you who have been involved in Summer Songs before, you know how crazy I get about them. So I apologize ahead of time. But I do like sharing what I find so here are a couple new things about things I've found....
I posted before about the band Making April. Well, apparently they will be putting out a new cd in August and as a sort of promotional effort, they are giving away downloads of their past cd. I have Roses and Butterflies and These are the Nights featured in my sidebar, and there are a few others of their songs that I really like. So you can visit their myspace page and/or just go to pure volume to download their music for free. They aren't currently allowed to give away These are the Nights.
Also, here is the first shout out and mention of Todd Carey. I haven't gone through all of his music yet but I do like Watching Waiting and I Ain't Got Love. He is doing or participating in this cool Green purchase thing where he is offering his music at a "pay what you feel" price. It also encourages people to simply download (who doesn't these days) the music rather than buying a cd with all the packaging and materials that go with it. You can pay anything from $0 t0 $10 and download his entire album. I believe for purchases over $5, a portion goes to the Go Green initiative.
I like that this year I really have found some artists before they are getting much exposure. For example, Newton Faulker just recently made his first appearance on television on the Jay Leno show singing his new single, Dream Catch Me.
June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment