Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 27, 2008

SYTYCD

So this is my first year actually watching So You Think You Dance....well, kinda. I often can't watch it on the time it's on t.v. so I watch clips afterwards on YouTube. But I stay up to date on what's going on!! Anyways, I've been watching this one performance over and over again since Wednesday so I thought I'd post it (and my two other favorite pieces of the season) for anyone who didn't see it. It's hip hop danced to Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love. The choreographers are Napolean and Tabitha who have been introducing this type of lyrical hip hop to the dancing scene. It's awesome and, for me, adds a lot of emotional depth to this genre of dance that I didn't personally connect with much. Also, I think it's interesting how they aren't limiting hip hop choreography to specific hip hop music.



So my favorite parts of this dance are the slight roll at 20 sec, their walk and slide thing at 27 sec (plus her pull through under his arms right after), when he goes down her arm and sniffs her hair :) at 55 sec, and of course her isolations at 1:18. Haha, yea...that's it. :)

The couple dancing is Chelsie Hightower and Mark Kanemura. I think they are definitely my favorite couple and would be regardless of the connection that Chelsie is from Orem, attended UVSC for a year, a member of the Church, or if my friend didn't know her sister. Sometimes people like someone simply for those kinds of reason but I am completely honest when I say they'd be my favorite if she was a random from Timbucktoo.

Their first performance is also one of my favorites. It's a contemporary piece choreographed by Mia Michaels.



And finally another lyrical hip hop piece by the same choreographers danced to Jordin Sparks, No Air. This couple is Joshua and Katee. These two hip hop pieces have some similar ideas and themes but both are very cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...