Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

February 22, 2009

freaking happy

I don't know why, but I feel like I just have to post about how happy and excited I am right now. I thought about changing my facebook status but that is currently honoring Susie and changing my g-mail thingy doesn't really matter if I'm not online all day. The only option was a blog post.

It's about an hour since I planned to go to bed, but here I am still up. And I'm loving life. It's weird but not much has really changed but I'm pretty much overwhelmed with happiness about life. I know sometimes I let little things bother me and get me down but when it all comes down to it, I don't have much to complain about. I have a great job, a great apartment, great roommates, a great life.

Sure there are sad things. Take for example the fact that Susie leaves on Wednesday and I won't be able to speak with her for the next year and 1/2. I crave random calls to Susie when I haven't had them in a while. Like bad cravings. I'll probably just call her old number a million times to give me some notion of satisfaction. But she's going out and doing great things and her year in Spain has probably had an amazing impact on weaning me off of that dependence.

Oh and I haven't blogged about my freaking funny dates lately. I think I might just feel bad if someone stumbled upon anything. Seriously I have funny stories. But really, I guess they make me laugh (seriously a lot) and that's never a bad thing.

I'm loving my role in the ward. I love having an individual identity. I love serving the people around me and working to build new friendships (as hard as that can be...but maybe that's just me).

I love calling three phones a million of times while I try to contact Susie in her last few days here. I love studying the gospel in ways I haven't in a long time. I love feeling motivated and excited for the future. I love seeing good things happening in the lives of everyone around me. I love understanding more about who I am and my place in this world. I love being friendly and outgoing...really letting go and being myself. I love the little things that hardly anyone notices that can make me smile and laugh for like 1o minutes. I love volunteering to help edit some random kid's paper in the computer lab and feeling bad that I and he probably didn't have enough time to make it the scholarship-winning essay it was supposed to be. I love reminiscing about days past and feeling from those days motivation to move forward stronger. I love feeling content and at peace. I love finding that one of my favorite bands has released new songs (soon a new album) and will be coming to Salt Lake in my favorite month. I love that I've contacted an old friend and that he started the countdown. I love that people care and that I care back. I love knowing that I can always be better and not feeling pressure. I love the random people who invite you into their lives. I love weird people...we are all weird. I love my sisters. (I also love Mckay.) I love making progress. I love making things work. I love letting loose and singing at the top of my lungs in a car ride with friends. I love planning future road trips. I love catching up. I love making connections. I love the feeling of being accomplished or appreciated. I love getting home late, changing into pjs and watching the DVR shows you've missed. I love late night chats. I love being OK with silence. I love change. I love improvement. I love that things can be different and that I can thrive on those differences. I love that I'm not stuck in the past. I love silly jokes. I love my weird sense of humor. I love finding the most random, smallest funny thing out of any situation. I love ....dang, I love it all.

Thank you all for your part in making me overwhelmed with love for life!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...