Dear Santa,
Well, it's officially beginning to look a lot like Christmas. And that's the true. We've just had a bunch of snow dumped on us (conveniently the one day someone steals my covered parking spot and I don't have the nerve to call the towing people to have them move it). Plus my room is covered with Christmas wrapping paper and remains from the various art projects I've started and completed. (Yay for Christmas crafty presents). Well this year has been an exciting and interesting year. And yes, I think I've been very good this year. I've been wanting to write this letter for a while, but somehow other things seem to get in the way.
I don't expect much this Christmas but there are a few things I'm hoping might come my way. Whether, in reality or even just in my dreams for the future. So Santa, remember these aren't things I expect to receive for my long year of always remaining on the "Good List" (right??). They are just suggestions, ideas or merely information about the kinds of things that interest me.
1. A Macbook...I know, I know, I already have a computer and a nice one at that. But hey, as cool as iMacs are...macbooks are pretty cool too. This would be nice. Although I'd feel guilty and probably want to sell my desktop. And, well, my desktop is oh so pretty. Maybe you can throw in some better internet service with this. :)
2. Recipe books. Seriously, I need them. One that interest me is "Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World." I subscribe to this blog and get daily emails about different recipes and products. It would be nice to have a handy dandy book that holds everything.
3. A white dresser with lots of drawers or storage space. I've been looking for one of these for ever. But they haven't stumbled my way. I don't want one that I have to put together, because, well...that seems hard. But I have tons of stuff and want to better organize it. Seriously, I am soo a clean person stuck in a messy person's body. If that makes sense.
4. A ceramic and really nice straigtener. This is something I've had on my list for a while. But it has kinda lost importance as I do my hair less and less. But maybe this will change that.
5. A flat griddle...for cooking pancakes and such! Haha, so I came really close to having one of these. I bought one on Black Friday but in the end, it was much smaller than the box made it seem. So I returned it and am still in search of the perfect griddle.
6. Magazine Subscriptions - given that I want to go into the magazine world, I think it's smart and a good justification to subscribe to a few magazines. I'm currently subscribed to Self but would love some random subscriptions (or normal ones) to things like NextStep, a publication for high school students preparing to graduate and for, well, their next step in life, or Eliza, a magazine based out of L.A. that boasts a "modest but modern fashion" tagline. So it's not one of those skanky "worldly" magazines. hehe.
7. A love sac. Oh, that would just be fun. lol
Santa, I am really stretching for ideas here. I honestly am in a good place in life where I can usually manage to get the things I really want for myself. Of course, a girl always loves lotions, chapstick, socks! haha, movies and other such items. But I'm grateful for where I am, that I have loved family and friends and that I am continually being blessed beyond my deservance.
Santa, bless those in need...hopefully everyone can feel as overwhelmed with "gifts" and love as I have felt.
December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooh, i have the perfect griddle. That's one of the things I couldn't wait to get for my new place. It really is the best. I can cook a whole batch of french toast at the same time so they're all hot. And it was less than $20. I think. I don't remember where we got it either...I looked everywhere till I found this one. If only we lived close, maybe I'd let you use it once. would give you a picture of it so you could covet it, but I'll just leave it there.
Post a Comment