I meant to post this in one of my other posts…hehe. But, seeing as it was late, I seemed to forget.
It’s just a slightly funny, tiny story. So at the end of our party, which was in SLC at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in the Harmony Room with a perfect view of the temple out the window, my boss got up to make the final announcements. He thanked the performers (he’s in the bishopric of a BYU ward and one of the members of Laugh Out Loud is in his ward, so they came to perform for us but under the name of HD Comedy, their non-byusa name) and proceeded to thank us all for a great year and whatnot.
Then he starts handing out our Christmas bonuses. He has a stack of envelopes and is facing the approximate 50 employees and family members in the room. So it’s not really that big. But he’s a funny guy and not your normal “professional” so he natural just starts chucking the envelopes at the intended recipient in the room. So envelopes are flying.
He comes to my name. “Karianne.” I raise my head so he can see where I am and fully expect that green envelope to start flying my way.
He looks over, sees me and proceeds to walk across the room to personally deliver that envelope directly to my hand. No small tosses or anything. As he walked towards me, he says “Oh Karianne's sweet, so I won’t throw it.”
I was the only one who got that treatment in the entire room, even with people who were really close. I kinda thought it was funny. Hehe
But my favorite part was inside the card (and no, I’m not talking about the gift card.)
Inside the card read:
Karianne—
You are so sweet! Thanks for all the editing.
We could float this boat without you.
Merry Christmas
And no, that’s not a typo :)
December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not sure if I get it....
Post a Comment