Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 29, 2008

Dancing the day away

I have to give thanks to Christianne for refering me to the blog Your Heart Out which posts information about things to do in SLC and such. I don't really look at it that often but happened to earlier this week and found this open house type of thing at a dance studio downtown. They do it I guess about ever 3 months and teach each class offered for 40 min. And it's all for just 5 bucks! I haven't REAALLLY danced in pretty much forever and it was pretty exciting to think about doing it again. (And by really dancing I mean technical dance styles like jazz, modern, etc. Ballroom is a little but it's really different)

So I am happy to say that I went through with the whole thing. Sometimes I get these great ideas and then chicken out, get scared, and don't do the things that I would really love to do. But I went, paid my five bucks, and spent the morning and afternoon dancing at the RDT Community Dance School under the direction of dancers in the Repertory Dance Theatre. So basically they are all really really good.

I miscalculated the time for the Brazilian dance class so I missed that one but made it in time for the African class. Uh, so it was really fun. We were accompanied by live drummers and well, what can compare with that. I took four classes total: African, Ballroom, Jazz, and Hip Hop. I also watched an improv class which seemed really fun but I was starving so took that time to eat a granola bar.

Anyways I came out really happy and loving that I went through with this. It was the most fun I've had in a while and just reminded me what I love about dancing. I love this form of expression and well, it's a lot more fun than running at the gym. I'm really tempted to sign up for a couple classes. I loooooved my jazz class. It was taught by this fun guy on the company. I actually love dance classes taught by guys and this was no exception. I'd really like to take this one...as well as either the African or Brazilian class. And it's not bad of a deal. You buy a punch card for ten classes for 90 bucks. I'd be more likely to sign up if I knew I'd be here for a while but I don't. I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...