Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 13, 2008

Showing up on google

Wow. Ok soooo... I finished my Web site and have been updating and correctly things pretty much all day since work. But I still don't quite remember what the url is. I knew it had my name, .mac, .something... but not. So after a couple of attempts, I just put Karianne Salisbury, .mac in a Google search. And I was surprised what came up - my post from a couple days ago when I first explained I was creating the site. Intrigued, I entered just my name and was surprised that most of what actually was about the real me--the REAL Karianne Salisbury.

1. BYU NewsNet - Professor Says Everyone Can Sing: This was the first article I wrote as a reporter for BYU's student paper, The Daily Universe. I interviewed this professor and he even gave me his DVD "Everyone Can Sing" for free. It is still unopened and I still can't sing.

2. BYU NewsNet - Upcoming funeral for BYU student: This was another of one of my first articles. A 24-year old BYU student died from heart complications and I wrote the article about it and the funeral and such. I talked to his family, roommates, and others close to him. It has hard to describe but a good experience and I enjoyed having some role in the life of these guy I never knew but who really seemed to be an amazing individual. Thinking of this, I looked to see if BYU wrote anything about Cameron Williams. This article is pretty short and about the benefit concert held for him.

3. BYU Dancesport Championships - Results: Last semester my partner and I took first in our competition for intermediate country dance. We danced the western polka.

4. Students Defend Their Individual Rights!!! This I've seen on google before. And it took me a minute to remember that this was actually me. In like...5th or 6th grade I entered this essay contest and got some kind of award for it. I wish I still had that essay.

5. Live Laugh Love: the little things you hear: Um, my blog!! It comes up on google????

6. Marriott: I believe this is a copy of the Marriott Alumni Magazine that I worked for all last year. My name is mentioned in the credits.

7. MySpace.com ... uh, yea this is SOOO not me

8. Spectrum Medical, Inc...Again, SOO not me

9. BYU honors university president: This is another Daily Universe article I wrote that apparently got pulled for the University-wire. It was on the Pres. Hinckley exhibit we had in the wilk. I guess they didn't know that he wasnt the president of the university.

10. A life in the day of...: I am sorry to the UTMOST degree: A link to my dear friend Gabriel Proulx's blog. I had posted a comment on this.

Don't ya think it's interesting what you find about yourself on the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...