Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 13, 2008

not enough time, not enough space

So I apologize. I don’t think I have ever talked this much about church-related things….it’s weird for me. But here goes. This morning I was crossing North Temple to get to the Church Office Building from the Conference Center. I was waiting for the light to change and for the glowing white man to signal I was safe to cross the street. (Although, after observing some of the driving in Salt Lake City, I’m not sure this is true…but I’ll get into that at another time.) As I anxiously stood of the corner hoping that it didn’t start raining before I reached the building, I notice a group of brightly-clad women approach the other side of the street. Talking with one another, they are waiting to cross in the other direction. After watching the still green light for a few seconds, I look back across the street and realize…hey, that’s the general Young Women’s presidency. I had my phone in my hand to switch the ringer to vibrate, and hehe, thought, oh I’ll just see if I can take a picture. I ever so very slyly position myself and my phone to focus on Sister Susan W. Tanner in her nearly-lime green dress suit. I still don’t quite have my phone figured out and couldn’t manage to find how to zoom and the picture really wouldn’t have looked like anything without it. (Granted, even if I did zoom, the stalkerness aspect, combined with the distance separating us, probably wouldn’t have turned out anything spectacular anyways. But in my head I was just thinking, if you could just make out the individuals, I could later explain the significance.) Just then the light turned red and I received the signal to cross, as did Sister Tanner, Sister Dalton, and Sister Cook. They were much more lively than I was this morning—perhaps their bright clothing contributed to this—and very excitedly proceeded to cross the street, coming directly towards me. My phone was still out and I was hurriedly trying to complete my mission before the moment was lost. But then the man in the dark suit cut in front of me, and, well, with them coming towards me and me going towards them, it was a little awkward to be holding my phone somewhat suspiciously out in front of me. I had missed the moment. So I very casually acted as though I finished my task on the phone, flipped it shut, and very nonchalantly cross paths with these sisters.

That was the time, now here’s the space. In my last post, I commented about creating a “professional” portfolio Web site. Well last night I committed myself (I also bought a mouse pad) to finishing the project and…I did! I know it’s not anywhere near perfect or complete, but I think it is enough to start apply to positions with. I signed up for the free trial of .mac like I mentioned and proceeded to one-click publish my site to the world wide web. Whhuu. But alas, a problem arouse. I did not have enough space in my idisk which determines how much web space I have. So I can’t publish… I’m not sure how to check how big various things are on this site. And right now I’m not quite sure how to proceed. I guess I may once again be looking for a way to use my own design of a site on a site somewhere…somehow. I’m kinda confused about it… I just want to start applying for jobs dang it!!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...