Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

March 31, 2008

Ow, ow, ow

I can't sit. I can't stand. And now I can't walk. Well, without feeling the effects of my afternoon spent dancing. No worries, I have no regrets and have always somewhat painfully enjoyed being sore after a good stretch or workout. Given that it's been maybe two years since I've done jazz and a little longer for most hardcore dance classes, it is probably expected I feel the way I do. But it's good. All is well. :)

I did sleep really well last night. Maybe having a major headache which practically knocks you out can do that. I did take medicine...I had a pack of pills but they didn't say what they were ANYWHERE. My roommate and I went through here medicine and found something that had the same ingredient and concluded my pills were a version of Day Quil. So I took them...and while I was hurting in the evening, I work up refreshed and excited to begin the day...only about a half hour after I planned at being AT work. But it too was alright. I still got to work before my boss. And I have exactly 18 min until I get a catered lunch with the managing director of all Church curriculum. I'm counting down the mins.

The weekend was good. Friday I ventured onto the U of U campus for what I think was my first time ever. We went to the gymnastics meet against BYU and WOW, the place was packed! I've been to a couple of these things at BYU and never, never ever, did I see them fill the entire Marriott Center. That was exciting...and we had a group of way cool people...and pretty attractive guys :) Then, because we were all starving, we went to eat and much to our, and most specically my, delight, Cafe Rio was still open! Then we traveled to Bountiful area for a house-warming party for someone that had recently moved out of my ward. The somewhat decent dance party in the basement died quickly after some kid started going on his hands and doing kicks and it was just weird. We drove back to Temple Square, dropped my roommate off with her friend who flew in from NYC, and I got to drive her new XRS back to Holladay. Ah, that was fun. Saturday morning I already posted about...I did get to eat my cafe rio leftovers for lunch and then got ready to attend the YW broadcast that evening. The drive in was horrible! and I wasn't positive if I could still park in the Conference Center parking lot...so if I had to wait in all that traffic and then turn around to find somewhere else to park, well, I may have been upset. But alas, the guy asked, are you working the event, to which I was able to respond, yes, yes I am...And I was allowed to park there. I walked in and signed in and was handed a stack of creme colored paper with the words CONFIDENTIAL PUBLIC AFFAIRS CONFIDENTIAL PUBLIC AFFAIRS bordering each page. What were these? Why, they were the talks of the YW presidency and President Eyring to be given during the conference. I didn't know where the media room was so the lady showed me the way to the room at the back of the plaza level of the Conference Center. This was pretty cool. The room is kinda like box seats for the Conference Center. The room has a straight-on view of the proceedings with outlets and wireless internet and audio jacks and such. So we sit with what I think were one-side glass (We can see out, but no one can see in) with the view of the entire everything going on. Plus, I guess the missionaries had done a little more than usual and instead of setting up the normal water coolers and nuts for us, they also included bottles of apple and orange juice, mints, M&M's, etc. etc. And then we all sat there watching the conference while following along in our printed versions of the talks and marking changes and such taht occurred. It was pretty cushy and actually way more exciting than I expected it to be. Now I'm even more excited to cover General Conference. Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...