Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

September 14, 2010

I steal things

Today I was in a public restroom. While I was washing my hands, a Hispanic lady was washing her hands in the sink next to me. She had a friend in a stall and had said something to her, and it seemed that this lady was a pretty good English speaker.

When I try to get a paper towel, I find that my dispenser is not working. I look over at the other one and this lady is taking her time slowly drying her hands in front of it. I ask if I can squeeze in for a towel.

"Oh sure."

"Thank you!"

"Oh, I really like your purse."

Now she is complementing my red and white striped purse that I recently obtained from Susie after it spent two years stored away in a box in Virginia.

"Oh thank you."

"Where did you get it?"

"Well, I actually stole it from my sister."

BLANK STARE.

Did she not understand me? She looks kinda puzzled. At this point I realize that maybe, just maybe, this lady only understood the part that I stole it.

"Uh, I mean. It used to be my sister's so she ended up giving it to me, so I don't know where it originally came from. Yea I liked it so my sister gave it to me. I think she got it from my other sister who got it somewhere, who *bought* it somewhere. So, uh, yea I don't know where you could get one."

"Ooh. I get it."

Perhaps I need to be more careful when I tell random strangers about my stealing habits.

2 comments:

Grace said...

LOL Karie that is so funny. This and your dream post actually made me laugh out loud! :)

Karianne Salisbury said...

Aw thanks Grace! I'm glad I make *someone* laugh. It was so good to see you today. Good luck decorating. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...