I was just browsing online and guess what I found out! Ingram Hill has a new album that will be released next week on Sept. 28.
Whup Whup. The fall is the time to release new albums apparently.
So far we have Brendan James, Matt White, Ingram Hill, The Script, Taylor Swift (October 25!)...
I haven't been following these releases too closely, so please tell me if you know of any!
For now, a quick feature on Ingram Hill while we wait one week to check out the new album.
I've known about this band since about 2004 when they had one or two singles. To my knowledge that is the only broad exposure they've had. I attended their concert in Salt Lake in 2008, and it was so fun!
Their music isn't my faaavorite when it comes to general listening. But there are definitely times I'm in a good Ingram Hill mood. Plus the lead singer is way attractive with his goofy grin and Tennessean accent...and yes, he's married.
I've always had a thing for bitter break up songs, so today I'll share "On My Way." Check out the studio version if you can; this video has a bit of static.
The lyrics are kinda dramatic to the point where they are funny. Plus when you are in a break-up mood sometimes you just waaant to express negative feelings toward that person, and I love how this song releases the depth and drama of those thoughts. I remember good times listening to this song on repeat for a while after their concert. I hope you enjoy...and that I'm not the only weird person who likes break up songs! :)
(Grace: I was just thinking about your story about that song you like...This song definitely helps me relate. Haha.)
On My Way Lyrics, by Ingram Hill
I don't want your old letters
And I don't want to be friends
I've had enough to last a lifetime
and I don't wanna go again
I don't have to find a reason
And I don't have to answer why
It doesn't matter who is wrong here
I just wanna see you cry
And on my way I'll take the sunshine
On my way I'll take your dreams
On my way I'll say I'm sorry to no one but me
Let your family know I'm leavin
Lie to your girlfriends that you're well
Call and leave a cryin' message
I wanna know it hurts like hell
And on my way I'll take the sunshine
on my way I'll take your dreams
On my way I'll say I'm sorry to no one but me
On my way I'll be my own man
And I'll only please myself
On my way my pride's the only feeling I've got left
September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment