Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

January 17, 2009

an unexpected pleasant surprise

We checked the mail today and I had two letters, both from UHEAA, the Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority. This is where I took out a loan for my study abroad program in my last year in school.

Usually I don't give much thought to these letters and sometimes even fail to open them because I take care of everything through my online account. But I was chatting with some people in the kitchen so I opened the letters during the conversation. The first one was the standard tax return document they send out this time of year. Boring :)

But the next letter read as follows:

Dear Karianne Salisbury:

We are pleased to inform you that the remaining balance of your student loan listed in the table below has been forgiven as a way of thanking you for taking care of your loan obligation in a diligent manner. Within 2 to 3 weeks UHEAA will send a document indicating the paid in full status of the loan.

--

Uh, HOW AWESOME IS THAT! I absolutely hate the concept of being in debt so I started making payments pretty much as soon as I returned from my trip and was working again. These past few months I've just been paying chunk payments of whatever I didn't absolutely need that month. I had about $500 left and was planning on making the last payment next month. But now...well now, I don't have to.

Yay!

1 comment:

Chris and Brindy said...

Hi Kari! Thanks for commenting on our blog! I didn't know you had one and I love it because I can stay in touch with people easier that way! Hope everything is going great for you. Yes, Chris and I have moved up to Orem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...