Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

September 6, 2009

18th Birthday

Sometimes it's hard to keep realistic expectations about birthdays and stuff and not bum yourself out when your family and friends go above and beyond. I should be better at this because I know there were times when I wished someone would just surprise me and do amazing stuff for my birthday...but more likely than not I'd have to help plan and make things happen. Haha that's hard to explain (and I've had great birthdays btw) but sometimes you think that maybe you'll be surprised about something that just doesn't happen...and while great stuff DOES happen, it might be hard to overcome that first expectation. 

I should be better at going above and beyond for people. To make someone's day feel special and beyond amazing. 

I feel bad because I failed my assignment for my brother's 18th birthday. I was supposed to pick out a BYU hoodie for him. (Go BYU for beating OU btw...whup whup). I was really concerned about what he would like and such. My brother's somewhat small and he didnt want a baggy sweatshirt or anything. 

So I picked out one I thought he'd like and thought about the sizes. I looked at the small and it seemed SMALL. Like squeeze your head through the hole and probably really fitted small. So I opted for a medium and told my brother that it seemed like the same size of our sister's hoodie that he currently wears. I didn't think Susie would be able to fit comfortably in the small.....

Regardless, I sent the hoodie off with my dad today to take to Virginia. Tonight I received this text:

"The hoodie's too flippin big"

Oh, no. I'm sad and assure the boy I'll get him a new one and to just send me the old one back.

"I knew this would happen. Now I'll have to wait forever. My birthday sucked."

No one's birthday should ever suck!! I feel horrible and will do whatever I can to right the situation asap. But still...this strengthens my resolve to help make people's birthdays — in an above and beyond type of way. I know I'd appreciate it so I might as well start acting.

For now, what's the fastest way to ship a package to Virginia?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...