Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

September 15, 2009

Let it Go

I didn't realize I forgot posting yesterday until about 10 a.m. this morning when I was sitting at my desk at work. 

Shooot. 

Well, I haven't really been posting about the things I wanted to post about anyways...So a part of me thought about just ending now. Afterall, I had already messed up. But the other part has decided to keep going, to finish what I started, no matter how imperfect my result ends up being. 

I'm really a perfectionist. Not about everything...but it really affects me when I feel like I've made a mistake, can't do something or at any point feel less than adequate. I let things stress me out too much; I worry about things too much; I forget or stop trying to push through my weaknesses.

There are so many small little traits about me that I so desperately want to improve on or change. I know and recognize what these things are but have been having a hard time overcoming them. I know I know all the answers, but actually implementing and pushing forward can be difficult. 

Well, here's to being halfway through the month! I've been LOVING the rain and the weather! Yesterday after I got home from the gym, my roommate and I ran and played in the rain in the park by our house. It got a little cold but was oh so splendid. I'm looking forward to fall and the changing season. I love fall. And this is more of a recent discovery. I love the rain and I love the fall. Both things are things I learned to despise in college—afterall rain means you are wet all day and fall means cold and eventually snow. But when I'm not outside at least once every hour, they are so much easier to love. 

Today I watched the season premiere of Biggest Loser. Yea, after last season I'm pretty much in love with it. The first challenge had the contestants simply running/walking/crawling (seriously) one mile...ONE MILE. Two ended up in the hospital. There is so much holding these contestants back, but so far they've all been very diligent in pushing forward. I love forward to seeing them progress and offering motivation for me to keep pushing forward for the things I want to accomplish. I love bringing connections from one part of life and applying it to another. 

With that, here is my song of the day. Seriously, this has been my favorite song and the one I've related the most with over the past year. Again featuring the great Debra Arlyn, here's "Let it Go" 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...