1. Today Kris Allen, this past year's American Idol winner debut his first signle. I found out beforehand that it was actually written by a band I like, the Script. I actually always liked Kris Allen as a contestant on Idol. He was one of my initial underdog picks (even before the top 32) to make it all the way. For a while in the middle he didn't impress me thaat much, but it looks like things worked out for him. So I like the song...although I have mixed thoughts on it. It's mostly because I really like the Script...and I really like the lead singer, his voice and intonations. And when Kris Allen sings it, he takes on some of the same things. It kinda bothers me because I Know that's not Kris Allen coming through but really the Script. Anyways, I'm sure you will be hearing the song "Live Like We're Dying," in the coming days, weeks and months. So here's the Script's version...to see where it all came from.
2. Right now Boys Like Girls are pretty popular for the single "Love Drunk" They also had a couple popular singles in 2007: "Hero/Heroine" and "The Great Escape." A couple weeks ago I discovered their duo with Taylor Swift entitled "Two is Better Than One." I pretty much fell in love. :) I have their album on my computer but hadn't listened to the whole thing. Today a song came on while I was working and really caught my attention. (This is my favorite way to rate music I own. If it comes on and I take notice and make sure I know who it is and such, I know it's a song worth listening to...) But that's what happened with their song "Someone Like You." It's another slower ballad and I like it. I'm a big fan of more punk-type of bands doing slow songs...this fits right in. I hope you enjoy.
September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment