I stumbled upon this posting on craigslist a while ago. She gives quite the story....perhaps too much. Haha, what interesting posts have you seen?
Let me tell you the story of this dresser, and why it needs help.
I moved to Salt Lake from Phoenix last summer, and my just-graduated-from-high-school sister came with me. My parents agreed to pay for her to go to school and get an associates in medical assisting. They agreed to pay her half of the rent, and buy her a bed and dresser here, and then when she finished school I could keep them for my guest room.
I took her to IKEA and strongly suggested that she get the dresser that matches my dresser and coordinates with all my other furniture. Oh no. Princess "hates that one!" so I let her get a different one. Nevermind this is technically my dresser. I try to be nice.
So Princess is putting it together, and ends up putting the wrong side panel on, and it's held together with these super-effective plastic screw/nail things. She tries to pull it apart, and it cracks the side panel a little. So she just gives up. I actually stopped at IKEA one day and picked up two of the new plastic thingys so she could fix it, but of course she never did.
Well, Princess ends up not going to class half the semester and totally fails out. My parents decide--and rightfully so--that they're spending too much money for her to not even go to class and they don't let her come back after Christmas break. (I think she should have to reimburse them for tuition, but she never will, just like she'll never pay me back for utilities.)
Now I have this half-assembled dresser that doesn't match my furniture and makes me mad every time I look at it. It's pretty much never been used, because in addition to being stupid, my sister is also a slob, so she never put any clothes away. (She also left dishes in her room, when all I asked was that she put them in the kitchen, where I would clean them, because she also didn't help with household chores, even after I made a chore chart. That's not really relevant to the dresser, but I'm trying to paint a picture of why this dresser bothers me so much, because it embodies the crappy roommate skills of my sister.)
So I'm selling this damaged dresser for $20 or best offer, just to get it out of my house. I think it's totally possible to fix it, once you get it apart. Some Gorilla Glue and a clamp should do wonders. But I just don't want to deal with it. I have--as far as I know--all the parts and instructions, but I make no warranties, written or implied, that the dolt didn't lose some of the fasteners. They should all be there, but if not, you can get them at IKEA over by customer service.
Help a girl recoup some of the money she'll never get for utilities and buy my dresser!
Thanks.

No comments:
Post a Comment