Most of you know that I'm kinda always thinking about quitting Facebook. For some reason I really don't like it anymore...but it's almost a necessity to be on there because...well, everyone else is. Maybe if I'd been one of those people who has held out the entire time. But no...I was one of the first of my friends and remember having to convince people to join, rebutting arguments that it's not something only high school kids do and that, yes, it's gonna be big.
Now it seems that there's no going back.
I can talk and talk...and try and try, but any quitting of Facebook doesn't seem to have the makings to be permanent. Well, at least for the time being.
But there is one feature that I have to admit I kinda like. I haven't been seeing it used too much yet...probably because people either don't know about it or they don't know how to use it.
You can now tag people in your status and wall posts. I'm become a bit of a tweeter (although I admit I haven't been active for a couple weeks), and this Facebook tagging SCREAMS Twitter traits. It's kinda funny, because first Facebook got the Twitter-like status updates and now it actually uses the @username tagging feature that is oh-so-common on Twitter.
Try it...type@ and start typing one of your friends' names. It will bring up your options, you select one, and then it puts a link from whatever you post to that friend's profile. Kinda nifty.
It might seem pointless to many users right now, but I can see its use really exploding in the coming months. And I'm not even a fan of Facebook.
Maybe not...but what are your thoughts?
September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hm, yeah never seen it (other than when you tested it), or heard of it.
Also, remember when facebook was only for college students? When I started you had to be, and also were required to use your college email address as your log in.
Kinda sad people think it's only for high schoolers now... no, that's Myspace :) Well, and for musicians...
Post a Comment